With PGP Mail, protecting your privacy is just one click away!. PGP Mail is offered by Secure Mail GPG Team. Last Updated: November 03, 2014. Current Version: 1.5.0
IMPORTANT, GMAIL USERS
To allow PGP Mail to access your GMail emails, you have to setting your GMail account. More info here: support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255.
All data from PGP Mail are ciphered, including your account info.
PGP Mail is an Android application which combines a standard email client with a PGP encryption framework. With this unique application no need of getting bored managing several and complex applications. Everything has been centralized in a very intuitive way (much easier than computer solutions such as Thunderbird or Enigmail) in one single app.
OpenPGP safeguards your emails andprotects your privacy.
In order to seal the email content (either on your Android phone, on the mail server, on your computers and above all while sending over the internet), and make it incomprehensible for any intrusive person, OpenPGPciphers and signs both your emails and those of your correspondents (S/MIME, GPG, PGP MIME formats are supported). With a very convenient design, PGP encryption use can be activated by default for a subset of contacts orcan be set to remain optional.
All your emails are protected against the lost or the theft of your phone.
PGP Mail ensures this protection by fully encrypting any data that is stored by the app. Downloaded emails (even if they were not already encrypted by PGP), attached documents, contact lists (together with their PGP key when applicable), settings…
Rooting the device is not necessary for this application.
Unlike several apps, you do not need to have the root permissions to run this application. You just need to install the app, set your email account and PGP key, and you’re good to go! Fully protected! This is easy, intuitive, and it is what anyone is looking for.
Regarding emails, this app enables you :
– to set up your email account (automatic set up for famous email providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, Live, or any other IMAP, POP and SMTP accounts on top of SSL),
– to read, write, answer or delete emails,
– to have a glimpse of emails, by conversation,
– to see, create folders and drag-and-drop emails,
– to handle any type of received attached files ( for instance open them, and savethem in the external storage) and compose emails containing attached files,
– to delete emails,
– to PGP encrypt email.
Regarding PGP key management, the app enables you :
– to generate your own PGP keys (DSA Elgamal, DSA, RSA),
– to import your PGP key or PGP keys of your contacts via the system external storage (for instance with a text file from your email client software Thunderbird or Enigmail),
– to import PGP public key from an email attached file,
– to send your PGP public key by email, in an attached file,
– to export your PGP public and/or private key to the phone external storage (for instance in a text file that can be then imported by software such as Thunderbird and Enigmail),
– to export your contact public keys to the phone external storage (a file text that can then be imported in software such as Thunderbird or Enigmail).
Regarding PGP encryption, the app enables you:
– to encrypt-only, sign-only, or both encrypt and sign an email (for one or several recipients),
– to decrypt and/or validate an email signature as well as files that have been attached with PGP,
– regarding your contacts, the app enables you,
– to create/delete/modify internal PGP Mail contacts,
– to bind a contact with a PGP public key and choose a default encryption rule for the contact (always encrypt and sign emails for this recipient, never encrypt any email for this recipient,…),
– to import a contact list from the Android phone.
Regarding data encryption, this app enables you:
– to locally encrypt, on the phone itself, both your PGP and email settings, downloaded emails (together with their attached files), contact list, everything with a strong ciphering algorithm (AES algorithm),
– to modify the application password.