Finally a powerful and easy to use calculator for everyone!. Carpenter’s CalcPad is offered by Wes Gilster. Last Updated: April 09, 2013. Current Version: 1.08
The calcpad also has a spindle/baluster/board spacer for planning staircases, railings, banisters, decks and other projects. Just enter the details of the the project (which can include two separate distances between balusters) and it will provide a set of board configurations to choose from. After you choose a configuration it will generate a starting/stopping location, plus a label, for each board and display the results in the calcpad. Afterward, you can modify the spacing or change individual boards in the calcpad as field measurements require. Instead of generating spacing requirements, it’s also possible to visualize the project as an overlay on preview camera of your device.
After the calculations are complete, the contents of the calcpad can be saved to multiple files and reloaded for later use.
Enhancements and bug requests are appreciated, but I can’t guarantee that any requests will be addressed.
Listed below are instructions for few common tasks.
1. Touching the calcpad or touch the ‘=’ button
Divide two numbers:
1. Type the first number
2. Touch the ‘/’ button
3. Type the number to divide the second number with
4. Touch ‘=’
Minus sign instead of subtraction:
1. Long touch the ‘-‘ button
Showing the soft keyboard for variables:
1. Touch the ‘K’ button
Using a fraction:
1. First type the whole number part of the fraction
2. Touch the ‘space’ button
3. Type the numerator of the fraction
4. Long touch the ‘/’ button
5. Type the denominator of the fraction
6. Optionally use the ‘” buttons to use feet or inches
Use a variable:
1. First ensure that you have made a variable by typing a label at the end of any prior line.
2. Touch an operation (+-*%/) button
3. Touch the ‘variables’ button
4. Choose a variable from the list instead of typing a number
Insert an operation (+-*%/=) into a running total:
1. Touch the line for which you would like to add the operation after
2. Touch the operation button you would like to insert
3. Type the number with or without the ‘” labels
4. Touch the calcpad to recompute the totals
Change an existing line and total:
1. Touch the line that you would like to change
2. Use the number, space and backspace buttons to change the number as needed
3. Touch the calcpad to recompute the totals
* Added project visualizer for spindle/board spacer
* Created framework for more visual tools!
* Replaced start/end with start/stop label so that the “Use a variable” screen will alphabetize the variable list in board placement order
* Fixed problems with spindle spacer so that invalid configurations aren’t generated
* Fix scrolling problem in CalcPad
Carpenter’s CalcPad 2017
Carpenter’s CalcPad for Android
Download Carpenter’s CalcPad for Android
Download Carpenter’s CalcPad APK for Android
Carpenter’s CalcPad 1.08 screenshot